Location: Corporate Headquarters – Scottsdale, Arizona 85258
Reports To: Controller
Department: Accounting & Finance
Date: July 21, 2022
Equinox Payments is one of the largest US providers of electronic payment solutions and value-added services at the point-of-transaction. The company delivers a full suite of high security, end-to-end electronic payment products and services. Equinox is currently looking for an Assistant Controller located in Scottsdale, Arizona.
The Assistant Controller, reporting directly to the Controller, will lead the accounting and financial reporting processes, including the month-end close. In addition, this position will be responsible to ensure timely compliance with all company and regulatory reporting requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES / CORE COMPETENCIES:
• Preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements
• Posting and review of adjusting journal entries
• Review reconciliations and analyses of direct reports
• Performance of month-end close procedures
• Performance of treasury responsibilities, including cash flow forecasts
• Assistance in preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
• Ability to perform budget versus actual analysis
• Ability to draft and review contracts
• Provide information and support to third party accountants for preparation of sales tax/income tax returns
• Serve as point person for external audits
• Maintain compliance with company policy and procedures
• Assist in ad hoc reporting requirements and projects, as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 3-5 year of public accounting audit experience. Big 4 experience preferred.
• 3-5 years’ experience as an Assistant Controller, Controller, or Finance Manager preferred.
• Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and internal controls
• Experience drafting financial statements and notes to financial statements
• Prior experience performing consolidations preferred
• Experience drafting and reviewing contracts
• Experience reviewing the work of co-workers
• Familiarity with foreign currency accounting
• Well-developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Excellent project management, collaboration and communication skills
• Advanced capabilities with Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel, required
• Experience with ERP systems and related business processes required
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• CPA preferred
• Less than 2%
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are not comprehensive and are subject to change without notice. Providing an employee with a copy of this job description does not constitute a guarantee of employment, nor does it guarantee employment for any specific duration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
If you are interested, please complete the form below.