Mechanical Support Engineer
Location: Corporate Headquarters – Scottsdale, Arizona 85258
Date: April 30, 2021
Equinox Payments is one of the largest US providers of electronic payment solutions and value-added services at the point-of-transaction. The company delivers a full suite of high security, end-to-end electronic payment products and services. Equinox is currently looking for a Mechanical Support Engineer located in Scottsdale, Arizona.
The Mechanical Support Engineer will be responsible for document generation and revisions, change order implementations and mechanical part evaluations to ensure specification adherence. This role interfaces with mechanical designers, mechanical suppliers, repair facilities, reliability engineers, electrical engineers, software engineers, and test engineers in the introduction of new products and in the implementation of solutions for existing products.
- Analyze mechanical drawings for accuracy and feedback issues to Design. Provide complete drawings to suppliers for quote and samples. Review mechanical samples against specifications and provide approval for Sourcing.
- Support factory and repair locations in the development and maintenance of fixtures, verification of assembly procedures, quality related to design, supplier setup and support of tooling.
- Prepares product layout and instructs detailers in critical dimension areas.
- Ensure tool quality is acceptable and suitable for expected life and volume.
- Facilitates frequent reviews of project statuses, change orders, quality findings and best practices with Manufacturing and Service Center.
- Perform analysis and/or test activities to support assigned projects, develop test programs as needed to evaluate system elements, such as materials, structural components, etc.
- Manage test activities and test article fabrication, including documentation of results.
- Create and revise Pro/ENGINEER CAD models and detail drawings for simple piece parts to support prototype and production released products.
- Project management duties to include report generation, design reviews and interdepartmental coordination.
- Interface with other departments on new product updates, and ensure a smooth transition of the product into the manufacturing cycle.
- Evaluate change requests and complete all aspects of Engineering Change Orders (i.e., ECOs).
- Performs self-inspection of all work, and is responsible for ensuring that all work performed adheres to documentation requirements, company policies and procedures.
IDEAL SKILL SET and EXPECTATIONS:
- Solid knowledge of GD&T principles and application to designs.
- Must have knowledge of mechanical processes, manufacturing, rapid prototyping and rapid tooling.
- Possession of an understanding of good EMI practices as well as safety requirements; such as, UL, CE, CUL, VDE
- Ability to reference and navigate 3D and 2D CAD software (Pro/Engineer preferred, Corel Draw, SolidWorks, AutoCAD required)
- A working knowledge of injection molded plastics, silicone, metals, fastenings and finishes is required.
- Proven ability to break down and persuade others on complex technical and business issues; proficient in time management, problem resolution, documentation and organizational skills required.
- Availability to support international locations during non-standard work hours.
- Demonstrates a willingness to seek creative, new and different ways to accomplish outcomes.
- Five years mechanical engineering experience.
- Five years’ experience in electronic package design may substitute for the required education.
- Experience with manufacturing processes of electronic products.
- Experience to include design of plastic injection molds and parts.
- Proficient in reading and creating work instructions and specification requirement documentation.
EDUCATION AND OR EQUIVALENT:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (if applicable):
- Travel: 5 – 10%
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are not comprehensive and are subject to change without notice. Providing an employee with a copy of this job description does not constitute a guarantee of employment, nor does it guarantee employment for any specific duration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
If you are interested, please complete the form below.
Equinox fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. It is our policy to provide employment, compensation, and other benefits related to employment based on qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.