Location: Corporate Office – Scottsdale, Arizona 85258
Reports To: VP Business Development (North America)
Date: March 5, 2019
Equinox Payments is one of the largest US providers of electronic payment solutions and value-added services at the point-of-transaction. The company delivers a full suite of high security, end-to-end electronic payment products and services. Equinox is currently looking for a Project Manager working out of the Scottsdale office (in Arizona).
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position is responsible for the End-To-End planning, leadership, coordination, control and completion of product development projects across cross-functional departments ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments, and goals. The prospective candidate must be a motivated and dynamic individual who is capable of multi-tasking and is able to manage multiple projects and tasks within a given time period.
The successful candidate will have a proven knowledge of project management methods and procedures, including strategic planning, project creation and maintenance, resource estimation and management, budget management, risk/issue identification & mitigation using return on investment approaches. The candidate should be familiar with PMBOK methods and standard product life cycle practices. The candidate must also demonstrate a thorough understanding of new product development obtained in a high-tech industry environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Responsible for the planning and successful on-time execution of complex projects involving multiple cross-functional organizations and global teams. Lead and manage project teams which may be comprised of internal groups or both internal and external groups in joint development efforts
- Collaborate with Product Marketing, Regional and Corporate Software and Hardware Engineering, Systems Test, Supply Chain, Quality, Product Support, Security and Finance teams to ensure project execution success while meeting business objectives and customer expectations
- Lead the planning and control of a project from creation thru market introduction
- Oversee the launch and execution of platform projects and the associated regional application software in accordance with the company product lifecycle process
- Duties also include definition of project scope, goals and deliverables, definition of project tasks, schedule and resource requirements and control thereof, management of project budget, identification and mitigation of project risks and bringing the project to a successful completion
- Product lifecycle experience spanning concept and initial requirements, feasibility, detailed design and prototyping, software and hardware system integration, design verification and QA, product certifications, product launch and post-launch support is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products including Outlook, Project, Excel, and Power Point. Knowledge of Clarity project management software is a plus
- Motivated individual who is a self-starter and is someone who works well in a team environment. Should possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of embedded systems general architecture and knowledge of system electronics and mechanical components – PCB, PCBA, Plastics and Accessories and electronic systems firmware and software components is desired
- BS degree in Engineering or Computer Science field AND direct work experience in project management capacity (minimum 5 years is required)
- Advanced MS or MBA degree is preferred
- PMP Certification is a plus
- Not applicable
- Typically not more than 10%
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are not comprehensive and are subject to change without notice. Providing an employee with a copy of this job description does not constitute a guarantee of employment, nor does it guarantee employment for any specific duration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
If you are interested, please complete the form below.