Location: Corporate Office – Scottsdale, Arizona 85258
Reports To: QA Manager
Date: June 2, 2022
Equinox Payments is one of the largest US providers of electronic payment solutions and value-added services at the point-of-transaction. The company delivers a full suite of high security, end-to-end electronic payment products and services. Equinox is currently looking for QA Specialist located in Scottsdale, Arizona.
The QA Specialist works with the Business and Engineering teams to provide high quality software applications, documentation and service to our customers, and the departments we support and interact with; in a pleasant and cooperative work environment. The QA Specialist is responsible for creating test plans, developing and maintaining comprehensive test cases and scripts, executing test scripts, and validating software based on requirements, established procedures, customer specifications and Equinox standards. There may be occasions to lead testing activities amongst the group.
CORE COMPETENCIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. 60% Verifies and Validates software is functioning as expected based on requirements, customer specifications and Equinox standards using established procedures and debugging tools. Validates software corrections of customer reported bugs.
- Develops detailed and comprehensive Test Plans/Scripts
- Executes test cases
- Identifies, records, documents and tracks discrepancies
- Documents test results
- Maintains/updates test cases, scripts and plans
- Estimates validation effort
- Recommends improvements
2. 20% Coordinates and performs certification activities with customers and acquirers to formally certify the software, in attended and unattended testing environments.
- Submits certification request forms/requested documentation
- Executes certification scripts
- Develops a valued relationship with our customers
- Communicates issues and status with the customer/QA Manager
- Captures results, traces, receipts, reports, etc.
3. 10% Researches Field issues – assists with the investigation and resolution of operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel; isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
4. 5% Documents product configuration – provides release notes/instructions to technical publication department for customer use.
5. 5% Reviews requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
Ideal Skill Set (Desired experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and education.)
- Curious, skeptical, abstract thinker, organized, detail oriented
- Has a good understanding of the software development process
- Proficient in written and verbal communication
- Able to learn and work independently, and with a team
- Able to work on more than one project at a time
- Able to prioritize tasks, focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Able to work around the demands of the project
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
EDUCATION AND/OR EQUIVALENT:
- Associate Degree in Computer Science, Philosophy, Information Technology, Math, or equivalent education/experience providing a foundation in logically thinking through a problem.
- 2+ years of significant data experience with the demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Philosophy, Information Technology, Math, or equivalent education.
- Understanding of embedded systems and applications
- Knowledge of testing methodologies
- Experience in both manual and automated software testing utilizing test scripts for both
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Background in Payment industry preferred
- EMV and Mobile device testing experience a plus
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (IF APPLICABLE):
- Typically not more than 0%
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are not comprehensive and are subject to change without notice. Providing an employee with a copy of this job description does not constitute a guarantee of employment, nor does it guarantee employment for any specific duration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
If you are interested, please complete the form below.
Equinox fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. It is our policy to provide employment, compensation, and other benefits related to employment based on qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.