Location: Corporate Headquarters – Scottsdale, Arizona 85258
Reports To: Supply Chain Manager
Department: Supply Chain
Date: November 7, 2019
Equinox Payments is one of the largest US providers of electronic payment solutions and value-added services at the point-of-transaction. The company delivers a full suite of high security, end-to-end electronic payment products and services. Equinox is currently looking for a Senior Buyer located in Scottsdale, Arizona.
The Sr. Buyer is responsible for source selection and procurement functions directly associated with the company’s needs for direct and indirect materials, services, fixed assets, tooling and select production materials and services associated with new product development (PCB, PCBA injection molding and hardware). Materials, products and services are to be secured at cost, quality and at delivery competitive levels consistent with company policy and performance standards.
CORE COMPETENCIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiates purchase orders and amendments for parts, services and/or special tools; arranges for submission and inspection of sample products as required; maintains close coordination to ensure timely execution of product and services sourcing activities.
- Manage the purchasing cycle, including generating requisitions, PO creation, PO follow-up, goods reception and final payment.
- Secures and analyzes quotations, negotiates prices and terms with suppliers, and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
- Studies market prices and trends, engineering developments, and manufacturing method improvements applicable to assigned responsibilities.
- Interviews and confers with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, transportation logistics inventory control and management; negotiates prices and delivery terms.
- Coordinates the planning of MRP and inventory control parameters for the assigned products and services consistent with MS NAV requirements or as arranged with requisitioners.
- Monitors contract manufacturers supply chain to ensure there is an uninterrupted economic flow of materials.
- Coordinates as appropriate quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers.
- Monitor supplier performance with a system that monitors, measures and provides feedback on supplier performance.
IDEAL SKILL SET (Desired Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Education):
- Supplier relationship management
- Customer focused (internal and external)
- Inventory management
- Scheduling techniques
- Execution, planning, scheduling and control
- Material requirements
- Product and service design
- Risk management
- Math, statistics and analytical thinking
- Supply chain fundamentals
- Interpersonal skills
- Continuous learning
- Effective communication
- Interpersonal skills
EDUCATION AND OR EQUIVALENT:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with emphasis in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Economics or Engineering with five years of progressively responsible purchasing and materials control experience in a manufacturing and new product development environment.
- Applicants MUST HAVE Purchasing experience with either a Post-secondary education or a buyer planner related certification to be considered.
- CPIM / CSCP or CPP (APICS, ISM, APS)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (if applicable):
- Travel: typically not more than 2%
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are not comprehensive and are subject to change without notice. Providing an employee with a copy of this job description does not constitute a guarantee of employment, nor does it guarantee employment for any specific duration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
If you are interested, please complete the form below.