Senior Linux Administrator
Location: Corporate Headquarters – Scottsdale, Arizona 85258
Reports To: IT Manager
Department: Information Technology
Date: December 2020
Equinox Payments is one of the largest US providers of electronic payment solutions and value-added services at the point-of-transaction. The company delivers a full suite of high security, end-to-end electronic payment products and services. Equinox is currently looking for a Senior Linux Administrator located in Scottsdale, Arizona.
The Senior Linux Administrator maintains the computing, storage, and networking systems in our environment by building and tracking computer activity, performing upgrades of software, maintaining hardware, addressing questions about technical problems, and improving efficiency of system functions. Work is performed during business hours with periodic after-hours / weekend system updates.
- Responsible for providing an escalation point for Operations personnel.
- Provide technical expertise, guidance primarily in the Linux and infrastructural environments.
- Responsible for the efficient operation of the companies computing environment, which includes servers, notebooks, desktops, printers and other personal devices.
- Responsible for maintaining and supporting PostgreSQL, MySQL/MariaDB, and MS SQL database servers.
- Responsible for maintaining and supporting Apache and Tomcat web servers and certificate management.
- Maintain and support SAN architectures and configure FC/ iSCSI protocols.
- Administer servers, backup operations, Veeam, and systems monitoring in a complex network server environment.
- Provide assistance with Datacenter Migrations, Server upgrades, O/S and firmware patching.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose technical issues and be willing to provide escalation support to Operations personnel.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple assigned tasks and execute parallel tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- You must document your systems and cross train teammates to assist in system support needs.
- Support mission critical systems 24x7x365 systems, including on-call, after-hours, and weekend support.
- 5 years of Linux System Administrator experience.
- Experience with Redhat and Ubuntu Linux desktops and servers.
- Understanding of SAN and NAS configurations as well as CIFS Shares.
- Experience in installation and configuration of Linux Resources such as, User Management, Network Management, Storage, and Logical Partitioning.
- Experience in Shell scripting to perform system administration, backup processes, and application deployments.
- Strong knowledge of system administration and remote management of VMware, Linux and Windows servers.
- Experience with revision control systems: Subversion, GIT, Jenkins continuous integration and other related development tools.
- Experience with cyber security, server hardening and DMZ deployments is a plus.
- Familiarity with using server health monitoring tools and utilities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Virtualization – ESX/ESXi server, vSphere Client, VMware Tools, VMware Converter, vCenter, vMotion, Storage vMotion.
- Linux – OS Build, hardening, disk volume changes, startup scripts, cron-jobs, Apache, Tomcat and logging.
- Networking – DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, LDAP, NFS, VLANS.
- Hardware – Dell PowerEdge, HP Proliant, and Cisco UCS servers.
- Remote tools – ILO, DRAC, and Terminal Services.
- Storage – VNX, NAS, NFS, VMAX, SAN, iSCSI, and Cifs/SMB.
- Monitoring tools – HP Intelligent Management Center, and Zabbix.
- AA Degree in Computer Science, Relevant IT Certifications or related IT experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (if applicable):
- Travel: Some travel maybe required to company facilities and or for meetings
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are not comprehensive and are subject to change without notice. Providing an employee with a copy of this job description does not constitute a guarantee of employment, nor does it guarantee employment for any specific duration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
If you are interested, please complete the form below.