Senior DBA PostgreSQL/MSSQL
Location: Corporate Office – Scottsdale, Arizona 85258
Reports To: IT Manager
Department: IT Dept.
Date: June 2, 2022
Equinox Payments is one of the largest US providers of electronic payment solutions and value-added services at the point-of-transaction. The company delivers a full suite of high security, end-to-end electronic payment products and services. Equinox is currently looking for a Senior DBA PostgreSQL/MSSQL located in Scottsdale, Arizona.
This Candidate is responsible for full life cycle support of internal databases.
The DBA works within an environment of rapid growth and must anticipate and respond effectively to needs as they emerge. This position is expected to establish requirements for design, enhance and monitor all production and test databases that exist within the architecture.
The Database Administrator will be working with development and customer support, providing technical and operational support activities of Database Servers, including logical and physical database design support, troubleshooting, performance monitoring, tuning, and optimizing.
• Responsible for the monitoring and uptime of all production databases
• Estimate PostgreSQL database capacities; develop methods for monitoring database capacity and usage
• Lead efforts to develop and improve procedures for automated monitoring and proactive intervention, reducing any needed downtime
• Develop Stored Procedures and Database Triggers in support of application development
• Participate in application development projects and be responsible for the database architecture and design
• Participate in the creation of development, staging, and production database instances, and the migration from one environment to another
• Responsible for developer SQL code review to ensure queries are optimized and tuned to perform efficiently prior to production release
• Responsible for regular backups and recovery of databases
• Responsible for regular maintenance on databases (e.g., Vacuum, Indexing, Archiving)
• Responsible for pro-active remediation of database operational problems
• Responsible for Query tuning and preventative maintenance
• Participate in a 24×7 support rotation
• Support complex web-based applications
• Develop ETL strategies for integrating or migrating data from multiple sources
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Demonstrated experience writing complex stored procedures and queries
• Proven experience troubleshooting and solving complex databases schemas/warehouses
• Understanding and experience with Software Development Life Cycles
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Experience in database development, administration and management
• Proven experience using ETL for data integration
• Proven experience with integration with Microsoft SQL
• 4 years minimum experience in Relational Database Systems required; MariaDB, Microsoft SQL, and/or PostgreSQL preferred
• Experience with installation and maintenance of database software
• Highly motivated, organized, capable of multitasking
• Skills in reviewing/debugging, modifying, document existing code
• Experience in logical and physical data modeling
• 8+ years of experience with implementing and monitoring database architectures and providing system documentation
• Comfortable with self-direction and working under pressure to resolve production issues
• Experience in Linux and Windows operating systems
• 5-7 years of relevant database experience
• 3-5 years of E-Commerce industry experience
• PostgreSQL 8.3+ experience required
• Must have strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
• Must have experience in PostgreSQL database architecture, logical and physical design, automation, documentation, installs, shell scripting, PL/ SQL programming, catalog navigation, query tuning, system tuning, resource contention analysis, backup and recovery, standby, replication, etc.
• Must have strong knowledge of Linux
• Strong understanding of command line and server administration
• Knowledge of shell scripting (e.g., Bash, Perl)
• Understanding of PHP and web application framework
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (TO BE DEMONSTRATED):
• Clean Driving Record and Insurance
• Must be able to drive to remote data center
• Must Pass Background Check
• 20% – 50%
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are not comprehensive and are subject to change without notice. Providing an employee with a copy of this job description does not constitute a guarantee of employment, nor does it guarantee employment for any specific duration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
If you are interested, please complete the form below.
Equinox fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. It is our policy to provide employment, compensation, and other benefits related to employment based on qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.