Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Reports To: Controller
Date: June 4, 2023
Equinox Payments is one of the largest US providers of electronic payment solutions and value-added services at the point-of-transaction. The company delivers a full suite of high security, end-to-end electronic payment products and services. Equinox is currently looking for a Sales Coordinator working out of the Scottsdale office (in Arizona).
The Staff Accountant, reporting directly to the Assistant Controller, will lead the accounting and financial reporting processes, including the month-end close. In addition, this position will be responsible to ensure timely compliance with all company and regulatory reporting requirements.
CORE COMPETENCIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Posting of monthly, quarterly and adjusting journal entries
- Reconciliation of bank accounts; including daily cash updates
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations; including subledgers
- Performance of month-end close procedures for multiple entities
- Calculation of monthly commission payments
- Preparation of monthly financial statements
- Performance of treasury responsibilities
- Ability to perform budget versus actual analysis
- Provide information and support to third party accountants for preparation of sales tax/income tax returns
- Serve as point person for external audits
- Maintain chart of accounts/product & service records/reporting structure in ERP system
- Maintain compliance with company policy and procedures
- Assist in ad hoc reporting requirements and projects, as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum of 2 year of accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and internal controls
- Familiarity with foreign currency accounting
- Well-developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to create efficiencies and improve processes
- Excellent project management, collaboration and communication skills
- Advanced capabilities with Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel, required
- Experience with ERP system, preferably MS Dynamics NAV, and related business processes required
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (if applicable):
- Not applicable
- Not applicable
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are not comprehensive and are subject to change without notice. Providing an employee with a copy of this job description does not constitute a guarantee of employment, nor does it guarantee employment for any specific duration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
If you are interested, please complete the form below.