Reports To: Head of Sales
Equinox Payments is one of the largest US providers of electronic payment solutions and value-added services at the point-of-transaction. The company delivers a full suite of high security, end-to-end electronic payment products and services.
Is responsible for the profitable sale of Equinox products and services; consistently meeting or surpassing assigned targets. Builds a diverse portfolio of business through ongoing, repeat sales with existing customers and actively prospecting and closing new business.
- Meets or exceeds revenue targets; sells profitable revenue
- Identifies, qualifies, and analyzes sales leads; manages time and territory and focuses on sales and prospects that provide a high return on investment of sales efforts
- Develops sales strategies and plans to meet targets; uses company’s and customers’ growth plans, budgets and project timelines
- Builds business relationships with customers by providing support, information, and guidance. Researches and recommends new sales opportunities; recommends profit and service improvements; handles issues and or escalates in a timely manner
- Maintains sales tracking. Develops accurate sales forecasts and provides lead time for any adjustments
- Possesses strong industry understanding, including competitor offerings and point of differentiation
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through educational workshops, professional publications, personal networks, and professional societies
- Payments / point of sale industry experience; deep, current industry contacts (required). Contacts may be with any of the following:
- Top 10 transaction Acquirers and Processors, i.e., Chase Payment Tech, First Data, Vantiv, Elavon, Global Payments, Hartland Payments Systems, World Pay, TSYS
- Independent Sales Organizations – both large and small, i.e., First American Payment Systems, North American Bancard, Transfirst, NPC, etc.
- Tier one and two retailers, i.e., Target, Nordstrom, etc.
- Payments and business application software providers to the retail industry (including independent software vendors (ISV’s) and value added resellers (VARs)
- Demonstrated sales success in the industry; selling through direct and indirect channels. Proven track record of building strong business relationships within the retail and/or payments industries
- Likes to sell in an environment where revenue and profit are both emphasized
- Proficient in using professional selling skills; defines needs, establishes value proposition, addresses objections; high close ratio and sales track record
- Experienced in selling to customers who operate in complex business environments
- Track record of sales forecast accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; emphasis on driving to solution
- Proficient in working in a team environment, i.e., order fulfillment, planning and scheduling, customer support, finance, product management, engineering, and project management
- Independent, self-driven and team player
EDUCATION AND OR EQUIVALENT:
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or business, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in solution-oriented selling in the payments / point of sales industry (required)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (if applicable):
- Not applicable
- 30% – 50%
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are not comprehensive and are subject to change without notice. Providing an employee with a copy of this job description does not constitute a guarantee of employment, nor does it guarantee employment for any specific duration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
If you are interested, please complete the form below.
Equinox fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. It is our policy to provide employment, compensation, and other benefits related to employment based on qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.