Technical Support Specialist
Location: Corporate Office – Scottsdale, Arizona 85258
Reports To: Customer Engagement Manager
Department: Customer Engagement
Date: January 23, 2023
Equinox Payments is one of the largest US providers of electronic payment solutions and value-added services at the point-of-transaction. The company delivers a full suite of high security, end-to-end electronic payment products and services. Equinox is currently looking for a Technical Support Specialist located in Scottsdale, Arizona.
The Technical Support Specialist team member is a customer champion who will exceed client expectations by providing a proactive approach to problem resolution of complex technical situations. You will be responsible for a portfolio of major accounts as the primary contact for support and guidance for technical implementation and maintenance. You must work well independently and with a team to build relationships with customers and foster partnerships with the internal Sales, Product, and Engineering teams. You are internally motivated, passionate about helping people, and determined to drive projects to completion.
- Be the primary contact for all technical activities for accounts
- Build strong, long-term relationships with customers by staying in constant communication
- Install and configure software and applications
- Keep the assigned Sales Representative updated and involved in any issues that involve their Customer
- Provide hands-on troubleshooting and ensure technical challenges are resolved
- Provide customer training virtually and in-person
- Educate customers on the capabilities and usage scenarios of our products and services
- Advocate software and production adoption
- Represent the customer while providing feedback to Product and Development Teams about future customer needs
- Attend and lead meetings with customers to analyze, troubleshoot, and diagnose problems
- Report customer support activities and document the progress of the customers during implementation of our products and services
- Successfully manage multiple customer requests and customer implementation projects
- Prepare and present customer issues and requests to technical and business audiences in a professional manner
- Create knowledge base content with troubleshooting steps and expected solutions
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to troubleshoot and quickly assess customer-reported issues
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills to bridge/facilitate/report efforts between technical and cross-functional teams within Equinox
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of wired and wireless networks along with network security
- Experience with issue reporting and tracking software (such as JIRA)
- Working knowledge of operating systems such as Microsoft Windows or Linux
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a customer-focused position involving technical knowledge of a companies’ products and services
- 3+ years of experience of delivering software implementations
The following qualifications are not required but will be helpful within this role.
- 3+ years of prior experience in a technical or engineering role
- Programming languages and/or a Developer background to assist customer API-related inquiries
- Knowledge of the bank card industry, payment processing, and the related standards and rules governed by PCI and EMVCo
EDUCATION AND OR EQUIVALENT:
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred
- If applicable
- Ability to travel as needed (3%)
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are not comprehensive and are subject to change without notice. Providing an employee with a copy of this job description does not constitute a guarantee of employment, nor does it guarantee employment for any specific duration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
If you are interested, please complete the form below.